FOR PATIENTS EXPERIENCING RED, SWOLLEN, and/or BLEEDING GUMS, - Periowave treatment may work for you!
Periowave™ is a painless, non-invasive procedure that can significantly improve treatment outcomes when added to your regular hygiene recare appointment. Using a powerful process known as photodisinfection, it inactivates many of the bacteria and toxins that regular hygiene treatments leave behind.
Periowave™ is a non-antibiotic therapy that, unlike antibiotics, quickly destroys bacteria without promoting the development of bacterial resistance. Periowave™ does not exhibit many of the issues commonly associated with antibiotics, such as allergic or sensitivity reactions, oral yeast infections, or the requirement to take prolonged doses of medication.
As Periowave™ utilizes a non-thermal, low-power diode laser as the activating light, it does not cause damage to root surfaces or surrounding tissues. There is no heat involved in this process.
Photodisinfection is based on a simple, two-step procedure: